In Northern Arizona and Arrested For One of these Drug Charges?
- Personal Use – paraphernalia
- Possession for Sale (Narcotics, Marijuana, Coke, Meth)
- Transportation for Sale (interstate 40)
- Production and Cultivation
- Medical Marijuana
This is why a person arrested (Defendant) needs to hire an experienced Northern Arizona criminal defense attorney, like David Bednar, who is well versed with the Arizona criminal statutes and will help fight for the rights of people after being arrested. Even for the charge of simple marijuana possession (ARS 13-3405) or paraphernalia possession can be charged as a felony. The Arizona legislature has enacted a severe sentencing code. Criminal liablity for a drug offense (arrest) in Arizona depends on the type of drug, e.g. dangerous drugs, methamphetamine, narcotic drug, heroin, cocaine, marijuana, wax, hashish, prescription medication and the amount possessed by weight.
Marijuana Possession Lawyer (928)779-3242 – free Initial Consultation
Issues that commonly arise in the defense of drug cases during the traffic stop on the highway by the Arizona Department of Public Safety (DPS) Officer on interstate (I-40, I-17, I-10) or the detention are whether:
- The officer had reasonable suspicion/probable cause to effect the traffic stop.
- A search warrant was obtained through misinformation or an illegal search and seizure.
- The prolonged detention of the suspect exceeded constitutional limits.
- The K-9 (canine dog) drug detection team is properly trained and reliable.
- The tactic known by law enforcement as “catch and release”.
- Minor traffic offense (following too closely or illegal lane change).
- METRO Undercover task force – controlled buy with CI (confidential Informant).
- Medical Marijuana card issued from another state.
- The amount of drugs was inflated by law enforcement to meet the statutory threshold.
Flagstaff Criminal Attorney David G. Bednar has successfully challenged all of the issues above and recognizes that drug task force agencies (METRO/PANT/MCAT) often overstep constitutional boundaries to obtain evidence.
Marijuana Possession Attorney David G. Bednar, provides criminal defense advice and representation for clients throughout Arizona including: Flagstaff Justice Court, Flagstaff Municipal Court, Williams City, Williams Justice Court, Cottonwood Municipal Court, Page Justice Court, Sedona Magistrate Court, Holbrook Justice Court, Seligman Justice Court, Prescott Justice Court, Verde Valley Justice Court , Winslow Justice Court, Kingman, Coconino County Superior Court, Apache County Superior Court, Navajo County Superior Court, Gila County Superior Court, Yavapai County Superior Court EDC, and Northern Arizona University.
Please leave your name, email, and phone number.
Disclaimer: Sending an e-mail to our office does not create an attorney-client relationship, and none will be formed unless there is an expressed agreement between the firm and the client. Thus, we strongly advise against sending confidential or privileged information to us until you can establish such a relationship. Furthermore, we advise against sending privileged or confidential information through e-mail at all, since we can in no way ensure the security of your e-mail.