Flagstaff Theft Lawyer – Free initial Consultation – (928)779-3242
If you or a family member has been charged with a theft crime (shoplifting, burglary, identity theft, fraud) the legal process and the possibility of jail/prison sentence, and other long-term consequences regarding employment or educational opportunities can be truly frightening. Facing the legal process alone can cause anxiety and emotional distress. At the Flagstaff Criminal Law Office we are committed to providing affordable representation to research your case, protect your rights, and follow your best interests whether that means a negotiated plea or trial.
Call Today (928)779-3242
- A Person Commits theft if, without lawful authority the person knowingly:
- Controls property of another;
- Obtains services or property by misrepresentation with intent to deprive the other person of property or services;
- Controls property of another knowing or having reason to know that the property was stolen;
- Obtains services known to the defendant to be available only for compensation without paying.
- Theft of property or services with a value of $25,000 or more is a class 2 felony.
- Theft of property or services with a value of $4,000 or more but less than$25,000 is a class 3 felony.
- Theft of property or services with a value of $3,000 or more but less than $4,000 is a class 4 felony, except
- that theft of any vehicle engine or transmission is a class 4 felony regardless of value.
- Theft of property or services with a value of $2,000 or more but less than $3,000 is a class 5 felony.
- Theft of property or services with a value of $1,000 or more but less than $2,000 dollars is a class 6 felony.
- Theft of any property or services valued at less than $1,000 is a class 1 misdemeanor, unless
- the property is taken from the person of another, is a firearm or is an animal taken for the purpose of animal fighting in violation of section 13-2910.01, in which case the theft is a class 6 felony.
If you are facing a charge of theft or shoplifting in Northern Arizona (Yavapai, Coconino, Apache, Mohave or Apache County) and want to know what you can do to defend and protect your rights,
Call the Flagstaff Law Office of David G. Bednar at (928)779-3242 for a free initial Consultation
Flagstaff Law Office David G. Bednar, provides criminal defense representation for clients throughout Arizona facing drug charges including: Flagstaff Justice Court, Flagstaff Municipal Court, Williams City, Williams Justice Court, Page Justice Court, Sedona Magistrate Court, Holbrook Justice Court, Seligman Justice Court, Prescott Justice Court, Verde Valley Justice Court, Mayer Justice Court, Cottonwood Municipal, Winslow, Kingman, Coconino County Superior Court, Apache County Superior Court, Navajo County Superior Court, Gila County Superior Court, Yavapai County Superior Court EDC, and Northern Arizona University