Driving Under the Influence (DUI) – Impaired to the Slightest Degree
Whether arrested in Flagstaff, Coconino County, or somewhere else in Northern Arizona for Driving Under the Influence – Impaired to the Slightest Degree (DUI/DWI), extreme DUI (.15 or .199), super extreme DUI (.20 BAC or higher), DUI 2nd, Aggravated DUI, or DUI drugs, the consequences of a conviction can be grave without proper legal representation to defend your case. Any type of DUI may jeopardize one’s drivers license, finances, and career, not to mention one’s freedom. The Arizona legislature has enacted severe jail sentences and monitary penalites for these crimes. Flagstaff DUI lawyer David G. Bednar is well-versed on the complexities of DUI defense and will challenge the officer and the prosecutor’s evidence to minimize the defendant’s criminal liability. Driving Under the Influence (DUI) defense is conducted on a case by case analysis. With over 20 years of experience, Flagstaff DUI Lawyer, David Bednar, will challenge many issues regarding DUI such as:
- The legality of the traffic stop
- The administration of the field sobriety exercises
- The procedures followed in obtaining breath/blood samples from the DUI suspect?
- Aggravated DUI – soft suspension
- The client’s right to counsel
- The client’s right to an independent test
- HGN – Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus
- Actual physical control of the vehicle
- Refusal to blow
- Admin Per Se – Arizona DUI Independent Test Advisory
- ARS 28-693 – Reckless Driving
These are just a few of the serious issues that arise in DUI/DWI cases that may be related to your case and require the best legal defense, See Arizona Revised Statutes, title 28, chapter 4, for DUI offenses.
Arizona MVD Drivers License Penalties
A DUI may result in the following restrictions on your license depending on your driving history:
- 90 day driving suspension (30 day no driving, 60 day restricted work permit)
- An ignition interlock device (IID) installed in your car for one year or longer
- 8 points on your driving record
- Traffic survival school (TSS)
- MADD DUI Impact Panel (Mothers Against Drunk Driving)
- Arizona DUI Alcohol Screening and recommended follow-up – Resources
These restrictions are more severe for CDLs and subsequent DUI offenses. Our DUI defense includes representation at MVD executive hearings.
Flagstaff Criminal Attorney David G. Bednar, provides the best criminal defense representation for clients charged with crimes throughout Northern Arizona including: Flagstaff Justice Court, Flagstaff Municipal Court, Williams City, Williams Justice Court, Page Justice Court, Sedona Magistrate Court, Holbrook Justice Court, Seligman Justice Court, Prescott Justice Court, Verde Valley Justice Court , Cottonwood, Winslow, Kingman, Coconino County Superior Court, Apache County Superior Court, Navajo County Superior Court, Gila County Superior Court, Yavapai County Superior Court EDC, and Northern Arizona University
Please leave your name, email, and phone number.
Disclaimer: Sending an e-mail to our office does not create an attorney-client relationship, and none will be formed unless there is an expressed agreement between the firm and the client. Thus, we strongly advise against sending confidential or privileged information to us until you can establish such a relationship. Furthermore, we advise against sending privileged or confidential information through e-mail at all, since we can in no way ensure the security of your e-mail.